Melding architectural influences and sinuous lines, these sculptural designs are striking additions to any interior
Additional reporting by Hong Xinying
Easy on the eye, playful, and fun; these curved furnishings are definitely here to stay. The rounded forms of these retro-influenced pieces take inspiration from the mid-century modern design movement in the fifties and sixties, where many favoured such rounded silhouettes and geometric forms.
It's easy to guess why it's enjoying its moment; furnishings with soft curves add a touch of elegance and softness, in contrast to the angular forms of other modern pieces. With their striking silhouettes and mix of materials, these designs make excellent accent pieces.
Cast your eye on our top picks, below.
1. Bert Frank Vima pendant light
Available from bertfrank.co.uk
2. Swimming Pool table by Estudio Rain
Available from theartling.com
3. Viccarbe Bamba side table by Pedro Paulo-Venzon
4. Bentley Home Wickham armchair
5. Foscarini Anisha Grande table lamp by Studio Lievore Altherr Molina
6. Kelly Wearstler Hume chair, Hume modular console and Monolith side table
Available from kellywearstler.com
7. Cassina Sengu table by Patricia Urquiola
Available from W. Atelier
8. Gebrüder Thonet Vienna Feng screen by Testatonda
9. Hamilton Conte Archibald sofa by Fabian Pellegrinet Conte
Available from Marquis QSquare
10. Roche Bobois Piedra 1 clock by Albert Pablo
Available from Roche Bobois