It is no secret that Singapore is home to some of the best bartenders in Asia. Their creativity knows no bounds, and we wanted to highlight these personalities by giving them fun challenges in this three-part video series hosted by The Tatler Bar.
The first challenge was to create an original cocktail using their favourite Asian ingredients and spirits. Naturally, they dug deeper into their personal memories—and, of course, alcohol cabinets—to come up with innovative tipples we can’t wait to see on their cocktail menus. Here are three of them:
See also: 4 Summer Cocktail Recipes to Try at Home
Roku Tiki Ramos
Julyan Phillips, bar manager, Neon Pigeon
This refreshing cocktail uses plenty of Japanese components, from Roku Gin as its base to the yuzu juice for additional citrus notes. It’s garnished with togarashi for a spicy kick.
- 45ml Roku Gin
- 20ml house pineapple syrup
- 10ml yuzu juice
- 10ml lime juice
- 1 dash firewater
- top ginger beer
- Mix all the ingredients with three small ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for about 6 minutes or until the ice cubes are fully dissolved, and pour in a glass.
- Refrigerate for 1 minute.
- Top with ginger beer and togarashi powder. Serve.