VMAs 2021: The Best Red Carpet Looks
- Olivia Rodrigo in VersaceOlivia Rodrigo in Versace
- Jack Harlow in Tommy HilfigerJack Harlow in Tommy Hilfiger
- Megan Fox in Mugler and Machine Gun KellyMegan Fox in Mugler and Machine Gun Kelly
- Avril Lavigne in Area and CristahleaAvril Lavigne in Area and Cristahlea
- Bretman Rock in Roberto CavalliBretman Rock in Roberto Cavalli
- Lil Nas X in VersaceLil Nas X in Versace
- Saweetie in ValentinoSaweetie in Valentino
- Ciara in Tom FordCiara in Tom Ford
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis BarkerKourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker
- Shawn MendesShawn Mendes
- Madison Beer in Dolce & GabbanaMadison Beer in Dolce & Gabbana
- Dojat Cat in Vivienne WestwoodDojat Cat in Vivienne Westwood
- Kacey Musgraves in Valentino Haute CoutureKacey Musgraves in Valentino Haute Couture
- Halle Bailey in MônotHalle Bailey in Mônot
- Giveon in ValentinoGiveon in Valentino
- Jennifer Lopez in David KomaJennifer Lopez in David Koma
- Paris Hilton and Kim PetrasParis Hilton and Kim Petras
- Busta Rhymes in FendiBusta Rhymes in Fendi
- Cyndi LauperCyndi Lauper
From Olivia Rodrigo's floor-length gown to Avril Lavigne's pink plaid suit, check out the best red-carpet ensembles at this year's MTV Video Music Awards
Past meets present was the unofficial theme of MTV's 40th anniversary edition of the Video Music Awards. And everyone understood the assignment.
The viral pop stars of today, including Doja Cat, Chloe Bailey and Lil Nas X, walked the red carpet of the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York alongside music icons of past generations. There were nods to the late Aaliyah and memorable VMAs moments, such as Rose McGowan's scandalous 'naked' dress, as well as modern-day interpretations of '00s staples, from lace-up dresses to spiked jackets.
Notably, '00s pop-punk musicians Avril Lavigne and Blink-182's Travis Barker made their return after more than a decade—the former in an incredibly on-brand pink plaid number by Area, and the latter matching his new beau, Kourtney Kardashian, in matching all-black, punk-inspired outfits. And right after #Bennifer's red carpet debut at the Venice Film Festival 2021 on the same day that their wedding was called off 20 years ago, Jennifer Lopez also made a surprise appearance in a stunning lace-up ensemble to present the Song of the Year award.