Alibi At Cordis Hotel Receives A 3-Star Sustainability Rating
Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, the modern European restaurant and bar at Cordis, Hong Kong, is honoured to receive a 3-Star Sustainability Rating 2021 by sustainability consultancy, Food Made Good Hong Kong.
Food Made Good HK is on a mission to help food-service businesses operate more sustainably. The Food Made Good Sustainability Rating provides a proprietary audit which members use to improve sustainability practices and communicate their progress to investors, suppliers and diners. By providing a baseline for each outlet and benchmarking them against other foodservice businesses, the audit helps everyone improve.
Said Heidi Yu Spurrell, CEO of Food Made Good HK: “The Food Made Good team was impressed by all the work that Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social has done this year. Beginning with an unstarred rating in year 1, they rigorously implemented the sustainability improvement recommendations given to them and received a well-deserved 3-star rating. Our warmest congratulations to chef James Oakley and the Alibi team!”
“We are very proud to have garnered the sustainability recognition in the F&B industry," chef de cuisine James Oakley adds. "We create the menus to feature sustainable seafood and free-range meat, all the while encouraging a higher proportion of vegetarian and vegan options for all diners to consider. We also joined forces with various NGOs to support local community and green projects. After all, here at Cordis, Hong Kong, we are not only providing heartfelt service to our guest, but we are also taking care of our environment.”
Taking sustainability to the next level, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social has launched a range of green initiatives designed to offset environmental and social impact, as outlined below.
- Taking great care to understand the source and provenance of all ingredients
- Using free-range meats and eggs, sustainable seafood and organic/hydroponic locally-sourced vegetables where possible
- Introducing new plant-based products such as OmniPork and IMPOSSIBLE™ Meat
- Curating more vegetarian options and offer vegan afternoon tea set by using IMPOSSIBLE™ Meat and/or other plant-based affiliated products
- Reducing the amount of beef on the menu
- Partnering with a local charity in Yau Ma Tei to prepare meal boxes for food donation that support the neighbourhood
- Setting up filtered drinking water or refreshing flavoured water coolers at drink stations to replace conventional plastic water bottles
- Providing drinking straws made by compostable materials to replace plastic straws
- -sing compostable or biodegradable materials for takeaway box and cutlery
- Collaborating with The Nature Conservancy (TNC) for “Save Our Shells” project to recycle discarded shellfish shells then using them to rebuild Hong Kong’s oyster reef ecosystems
Find out more about vegetarian, vegan and sustainable seafood menus on offer at Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social below.
Vegan lunch and dinner set menu
The vegan set menu consists of four courses for diners to choose from, including appetiser, entree, main and dessert, showcasing limitless possibilities of incorporating plant-based meats in the menu.
Highlights: Peanut and truffle parfait, Forest mushroom gluten salad, IMPOSSIBLE™ bolognese, OmniPork paella, Almond milk mango and passion fruit chocolate mousse cake
When: Available daily during lunch (11.30am to 2.30pm) and dinner (6pm to 10pm).
Price per person: HK$228 for two courses, HK$328 for three courses, HK$398 for four courses (all subject to 10% service charge)
Vegan afternoon tea set menu
This features an array of vegan savoury and sweet treats that are perfect for either vegan or non-vegan diners. See the menu here.
Highlights: IMPOSSIBLE™ plant-based meat taco, OmniPork Salsa crisp rice cracker, Forest mushroom gluten salad with black truffle and shiitake mushroom, Almond milk chocolate tart, Mixed berry soymilk pudding
When: 3pm to 5.30pm daily
Price: HK$398 for two persons (subject to 10% service charge)
Sustainable seafood platter
The seafood platter consists of fresh chilled seafood platter and steamed seafood pot with using sustainable ingredients, including hand-dived scallop, locally sourced littleneck clam Meniere, seasonal freshly shucked oyster, abalone and tiger prawn. See the menu here.
When: Available all day
Price: HK$898 for two persons, includes two glasses of Taittinger Brut Reserve Champagne (subject to 10% service charge)