5 Things Revealed About Netflix’s “Stranger Things” Season Four
- Dr. Martin Brenner may make a returnDr. Martin Brenner may make a return
- Hopper is alive and in RussiaHopper is alive and in Russia
- We’ll learn all about Hopper’s backstoryWe’ll learn all about Hopper’s backstory
- Eight new cast members will be joiningEight new cast members will be joining
- Two more teasers are on the wayTwo more teasers are on the way
Warning—spoilers ahead. Here’s all we know about Stranger Things' new season
Fifteen months after the Stranger Things' first season 4 teaser was released, Netflix finally dropped the second long-awaited trailer that teases Mr. Martin Brenner’s return yesterday. While no release date has been announced yet, we’re all eager to learn every little detail about the new season. Here’s everything we might see in season four:
Dr. Martin Brenner may make a return
The show’s new trailer teases the return of sinister Dr. Martin Brenner at the Hawkins National Laboratory—the same facility that Eleven originated from where Brenner trained and performed experiments on children with psychokinetic abilities. In the video, the camera pans to the door with the number 11, followed by Brenner’s voice asking “Eleven, are you listening?,” as she opens her eyes.
Is this a flashback? Is Eleven captured again? Or is she using her telekinetic abilities? Is Dr. Brenner still alive even though he appeared to be killed by the Demogorgon in season 1? We’ve got questions.
Hopper is alive and in Russia
In February, Netflix released a teaser that confirmed the fan theories about Hopper’s survival even he was vaporised at the end of season 3. The end of the season referenced an unseen American prisoner based in Russia which fans immediately theorised to be Hopper—and they’re right.
We’ll learn all about Hopper’s backstory
"We get to see some of Hopper's really deep backstory that we've hinted at with the boxes in Season 2," David Harbour told Deadline back in June 2020. Referring to the brief shot of cardboard boxes labelled “Vietnam”, “New York” and “Dad” in Hopper’s basement, the upcoming season promises big never-told-before reveals about Hopper.
Eight new cast members will be joining
All of the main cast is back and at least eight new faces will be joining the show, according to Stranger Thing’s Instagram post last November. Here’s the rundown of the new actors and their characters:
- Robert Englund, starring as Victor Creel, an inmate imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital
- Eduardo Franco, who will be Argyle, a “fun-loving stoner, pizza delivery boy” and Jonathan’s new best friend
- Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga star, Jamie Campbell Bower as Peter Ballard, an attendant at a psychiatric hospital
- Sherman Augustus as Lt. Colonel Sullivan, “a no-nonsense man who believes he knows how to stop the evil in Hawkins”
- Teen Wolf star Mason Dye as Jason Carver, the popular jock in Hawkins dating the most popular girl in school
- Serbian actor Nikolaj Djuricko, playing a Russian smuggler named Yuri
- Game of Thrones actor, Tom Wlaschiha, who will play Dmitri, a charming Russian prison guard
- Joseph Quinn playing Eddie Munson, the head of the Hawkins High official D&D Club, The Hellfire Club
Two more teasers are on the way
Netflix released the two teasers captioning them as “001/004” and “002/004” on YouTube—which means fans will have two more videos to look forward to before the new season drops. There’s no news on a release date for Stranger Things season four yet, but in the meantime, we’ll be reading up fan theories and rewatching the previous three seasons to prepare.