Getting Inked: How To Choose Your First Tattoo
He may share his name with a famous Hong Kong celebrity, but 2017 Gen.T lister Nicholas Tse isn't one to be overshadowed. As part of our October 'How To' series, the owner of Mei Wah Tattoo and experienced tattoo artist shares his do's and don'ts on choosing your first tattoo:
1. Check out Instagram and Pinterest for inspiration.
2. Find imagery that truly resonates with you.
3. Consider your lifestyle when deciding which body part you want your tattoo on.
4. Choose a reputable shop. Quality of work aside, hygiene and customer service are equally important.
1. Skimp. Good tattoos are not cheap, and cheap tattoos are not good.
2. Believe that all designs work.
3. Follow trends. Tribal tats of the ’90s, anyone?
4. Think there’s an age limit for getting a tattoo. There isn’t.
Follow Nicholas Tse on Instagram @jynt