Last Call For Nominations For The Blue Water Heroes Awards
The deadline to submit a nomination for the inaugural awards is July 31
As you may have read, Gen.T is partnering ONE15 Events Management to support champions of coastal and marine conservation.
The inaugural Blue Water Heroes Awards will recognise individuals and organisations who have made significant contributions to advancing the protection and conservation of marine life and the marine environment in Southeast Asia, and/or implementing innovative solutions to preserve coastlines and the communities they support.
Three winners will be announced, with each receiving a cash prize and additional benefits that will enable them to further develop their cause, including access to industry experts as well as collaboration and speaking opportunities with ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove Singapore and selected partners.
The executives and industry experts on the judging panel that will be selecting the winners are Arthur Tay, CEO of SUTL Enterprise, which owns the marina; Dr Toh Tai Chong, senior lecturer and associate director of studies at the National University of Singapore; Uma Sachidhanandam, deputy director of conservation (Singapore) at WWF-Singapore; Harlin Singh, global head of sustainable investing at Citi Private Bank; professor Benjamin Horton, director, Earth Observatory of Singapore at Nanyang Technological University; Esther An, chief sustainability officer at City Developments Limited; and Chong Seow Wei, Gen.T's Asia editor.
The deadline to submit a nomination for the awards was previously July 18, but due to much last-minute interest, we've decided to extend it to July 31, 11.59pm Singapore time.
The selection criteria
- Have made a positive impact in advocating for and protecting coastal and marine life and environments in the last 24 months.
- Primarily based in Southeast Asia or whose impact is mostly in Southeast Asia.
- An individual advocate or leader of a non-profit or NGO advancing society’s awareness of coastal and ocean conservation through education or leveraging the power of community to create scalable impact.
- A founder, co-founder or head of a social enterprise or company that is improving coastal and ocean health and sustainability with ground-breaking solutions using technology.
- Cash prizes of S$10,000 (1st place), S$6,000 (2nd place) and S$4,000 (3rd place).
- Access to collaboration, speaking and networking opportunities with industry leaders and experts within ONE°15 Marina and Gen.T’s networks across the region.
- PR and marketing support through ONE°15 Marina and Gen.T.
If you fit the selection criteria or know someone who does, submit a nomination by 11.59pm Singapore time on July 31.
Once we've received and vetted all applications, we'll invite finalists and announce the winners at an award ceremony, held at ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove Singapore on November 4.
The Blue Water Heroes Awards is part of the Blue Water EduFest, a four-day ticketed event held from November 3 to 6 that aims to build awareness around ocean conservation in Asia.