The World's 20 Most Sustainable Companies in 2021
This year marks the 17th annual Corporate Knights 100 most sustainable corporations rankings. Ordinarily unveiled at the World Economic Forum in Davos—which had been scheduled to take place in person, but has been moved online due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, beginning this week—the 2021 list was unveiled today in a digital roundtable featuring opening remarks by Prince Charles.
The annual ranking is based on an assessment of 8,080 companies that report more than US$1 billion in revenues. In the 2021 list, 46 of the most sustainable corporations are based in Europe; 33 in North America; 18 are in Asia; two are in South America; and one is in Africa.
Here are the top 20 most sustainable corporations of 2021:
- Schneider Electric SE, France
- Orsted A/S, Denmark
- Banco do Brasil SA, Brazil
- Neste Oyj, Finland
- Stantec Inc, Canada
- McCormick & Company Inc, United States
- Kering SA, France
- Metso Outotec, Finland
- American Water Works Company Inc, United States
- Canadian National Railway Co, Canada
- Rexel SA, France
- Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure PLC, United Kingdom
- Cisco Systems Inc, United States
- Storebrand ASA, Norway
- Owens Corning, United States
- Eisai Co Ltd, Japan
- Cascades Inc, Canada
- Brambles Ltd, Australia
- Iberdrola SA, Spain
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd, Taiwan
The full list of all 100 top-ranking most sustainable corporations of 2021 can be found at Corporate Knights.
The 2021 Davos Digital Agenda can be found at the World Economic Forum website.