50 Must-Try Dishes From Asia's 50 Best Restaurants
- 50. Wing Lei Palace, Macau, China50. Wing Lei Palace, Macau, China
- 49. Toyo Eatery, Manila, Philippines49. Toyo Eatery, Manila, Philippines
- 48. Seventh Son, Hong Kong, China48. Seventh Son, Hong Kong, China
- 47. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China47. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China
- 46. Gaa, Bangkok, Thailand46. Gaa, Bangkok, Thailand
- 45. Shoun Ryugin, Taipei, Taiwan45. Shoun Ryugin, Taipei, Taiwan
- 44. Mono, Hong Kong, China44. Mono, Hong Kong, China
- 43. Hansikgonggan, Seoul, South Korea43. Hansikgonggan, Seoul, South Korea
- 42. Jaan by Kirk Westaway, Singapore42. Jaan by Kirk Westaway, Singapore
- 41. Euphoria, Singapore41. Euphoria, Singapore
- 40. Labyrinth, Singapore40. Labyrinth, Singapore
- 39. Anan Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam39. Anan Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- 38. Ta Vie, Hong Kong, China38. Ta Vie, Hong Kong, China
- 37. Amber, Hong Kong, China37. Amber, Hong Kong, China
- 36. Born & Bred, Seoul, South Korea36. Born & Bred, Seoul, South Korea
- 35. Nihonryori Ryugin35. Nihonryori Ryugin
- 34. 7th Door, Seoul, South Korea34. 7th Door, Seoul, South Korea
- 33. Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China33. Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
- 32. Masque, Mumbai, India32. Masque, Mumbai, India
- 31. Cloudstreet, Singapore31. Cloudstreet, Singapore
- 30. La Maison de la Nature Goh, Fukuoka, Japan30. La Maison de la Nature Goh, Fukuoka, Japan
- 29. Ministry of Crab, Colombo, Sri Lanka29. Ministry of Crab, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- 28. Caprice, Hong Kong, China28. Caprice, Hong Kong, China
- 27. Ode, Tokyo, Japan27. Ode, Tokyo, Japan
- 26. JL Studio, Taichung, Taiwan26. JL Studio, Taichung, Taiwan
- 25. Belon, Hong Kong, China25. Belon, Hong Kong, China
- 24. Logy, Taipei, Taiwan24. Logy, Taipei, Taiwan
- 23. Zén, Singapore23. Zén, Singapore
- 22. Fu He Hui, Shanghai, China22. Fu He Hui, Shanghai, China
- 21. Raw, Taipei, Taiwan21. Raw, Taipei, Taiwan
- 20. Nusara, Bangkok, Thailand20. Nusara, Bangkok, Thailand
- 19. L'Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan19. L'Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan
- 18. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India18. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India
- 17. Neighborhood, Hong Kong, China17. Neighborhood, Hong Kong, China
- 16. Vea, Hong Kong, China16. Vea, Hong Kong, China
- 15. Mume, Taipei, Taiwan15. Mume, Taipei, Taiwan
- 14. Burnt Ends, Singapore14. Burnt Ends, Singapore
- 13. Les Amis, Singapore13. Les Amis, Singapore
- 12. Sazenka, Tokyo, Japan12. Sazenka, Tokyo, Japan
- 11. Sorn, Bangkok, Thailand11. Sorn, Bangkok, Thailand
- 10. Mingles, Seoul, South Korea10. Mingles, Seoul, South Korea
- 9. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan9. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
- 8. La Cime, Osaka, Japan8. La Cime, Osaka, Japan
- 7. Florilège, Tokyo, Japan7. Florilège, Tokyo, Japan
- 6. Sühring, Bangkok, Thailand6. Sühring, Bangkok, Thailand
- 5. Gaggan Anand, Bangkok, Thailand5. Gaggan Anand, Bangkok, Thailand
- 4. Le Du, Bangkok, Thailand4. Le Du, Bangkok, Thailand
- 3. Den, Tokyo, Japan3. Den, Tokyo, Japan
- 2. Odette, Singapore2. Odette, Singapore
- 1. The Chairman, Hong Kong, China1. The Chairman, Hong Kong, China
Now that you know who they are, here are the dishes you can't miss out on. Take a visual journey through the beautiful culinary creations that helped Asia's 50 Best Restaurants win a place on the roster this year.
48. Seventh Son, Hong Kong, China
47. Lung King Heen, Hong Kong, China
46. Gaa, Bangkok, Thailand
Chef Garima Arora's favourite spicy green thetcha chili chutney, found in the Indian state of Maharashtra, touches this fatty tuna belly served on crispy betel leaf with strawberries and coriander.
45. Shoun Ryugin, Taipei, Taiwan
Inspired by local Taiwanese popcorn chicken, the smoked squab at Shoun Ryugin showcases the restaurant's hyperlocal culinary philosophy.
44. Mono, Hong Kong, China
43. Hansikgonggan, Seoul, South Korea
42. Jaan by Kirk Westaway, Singapore
The Land and Sea dish at Jaan by Kirk Westaway combines a colourful medley of vegetables and botanicals with Scottish langoustine.
41. Euphoria, Singapore
Chef Jason Tan's culinary skills are exemplified by this dish of torched Maine lobster with sliced carrot confit.
40. Labyrinth, Singapore
39. Anan Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
The popular Vietnamese bánh nhúng dessert is elevated into a savoury dish at Anan Saigon, utilising salmon mousse, creme fraiche, dill cream and salmon roe.
38. Ta Vie, Hong Kong, China
37. Amber, Hong Kong, China
36. Born & Bred, Seoul, South Korea
35. Nihonryori Ryugin
Known for combining modernist techniques with Japanese traditions, Nihonryori Ryugin's centrepiece dish is the beautifully presented Seiko Gani snow crab.
34. 7th Door, Seoul, South Korea
At the end of a meal at new entry 7th Door, expect this light and clean dessert combining ripe yellow melon foam with milk and quinoa.
33. Otto e Mezzo Bombana, Hong Kong, China
32. Masque, Mumbai, India
Head chef Prateek Sadhu provides his take on the classic Rajasthani sweet, ghevar, with carrots marinated in orange and mustard dressing, topped with onion flowers.
31. Cloudstreet, Singapore
Synthesising modern European with his Sri Lankan heritage, Rishi Naleendra presents the roasted monkfish with Kerala-style ishtu (vegetable curry), bishop’s nose and smoked chicken fat.
30. La Maison de la Nature Goh, Fukuoka, Japan
An homage to renowned Japanese sushi restaurant Tenzushi can be found in this course at La Maison de la Nature Goh, which pairs chūtoro tuna with sea grapes.
29. Ministry of Crab, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Among Ministry of Crab's straightforward offerings is the signature pepper crab, featuring the spice in three different forms: hand crushed peppercorn, whole peppercorn and pepper stock.
28. Caprice, Hong Kong, China
27. Ode, Tokyo, Japan
This instantly recognisable dish was inspired by chef Yusuke Namai's love for the Dragon Ball Z anime, and contains shrimp-flavoured mousse within.
26. JL Studio, Taichung, Taiwan
Representing Singapore's multi-ethnic makeup, chef Jimmy Lim Tyan Yaw's 'Little India' dish reinterprets southern India's popular rasam vada street snack with bafun uni, cherry tomatoes from Tainan, and Taiwanese cream stracciatella.
25. Belon, Hong Kong, China
24. Logy, Taipei, Taiwan
The whole roast duck at Logy is a masterpiece, with its ultra-crispy skin and tender meat.
23. Zén, Singapore
A menu stalwart, Zen's French Toast needs no introduction. Sourdough. Parmesan Custard. Truffle. What's not to love?
22. Fu He Hui, Shanghai, China
Maitake mushroom is presented exquisitely at vegetable-forward restaurant Fu He Hui.
21. Raw, Taipei, Taiwan
20. Nusara, Bangkok, Thailand
The spicy squid salad at Nusara uses squid caught from Trat province in Thailand, providing an abundance of texture to the dish.
19. L'Effervescence, Tokyo, Japan
Sasanishiki risotto pairs with with Hamaguri clam, homemade caviar, firefly squid and sakura shrimp in this ode to the sea at L'Effervescence.
18. Indian Accent, New Delhi, India
The Daulat Ki Chaat dessert at Indian Accent is made for the Instagram age, with its backdrop of rupee notes.
17. Neighborhood, Hong Kong, China
16. Vea, Hong Kong, China
15. Mume, Taipei, Taiwan
Mume's painterly crudo, plum and kombu dish is a sharp dish that excels in its intense flavour combination. This, like all dishes at this groundbreaking restaurant, uses only local Taiwanese ingredients.
14. Burnt Ends, Singapore
Burnt Ends' take on steak frites pairs steak tartare with fried potato then ups the ante with an indulgent topping of caviar.
13. Les Amis, Singapore
12. Sazenka, Tokyo, Japan
Kinmedai (golden eye snapper) is presented simply at Sazenka, where a refined fusion of Chinese and Japanese cuisine comes to the fore.
11. Sorn, Bangkok, Thailand
New entry Sorn's vegetable starter brings elements of Thailand's diverse ecologies together on one plate.
10. Mingles, Seoul, South Korea
Lamb is one of Mingoo Kang's favourite meats, which is why it has always featured on the Mingles menu from the beginning. One of the most recent iterations is a Korean take on lamb chops, where the meat is marinated with doenjjang (soy bean paste).
9. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
Yoshihiro Narisawa presents an ever-changing omakase menu that always features beautifully presented dishes sourced according to the seasons and made with as little food waste as possible.
8. La Cime, Osaka, Japan
La Cime's world-class cuisine is captured in this dish of kiwi, amanatsu (a Japanese citrus) and kombu.
7. Florilège, Tokyo, Japan
Florilège's sustainable beef carpaccio is made from Miyazaki cows that are taken to slaughter much later than other cows, allowing them to calve more times before they meet their end.
6. Sühring, Bangkok, Thailand
Southern Germany's distinctive Spätzle is topped with black truffle from Alba in this Sühring classic.
5. Gaggan Anand, Bangkok, Thailand
4. Le Du, Bangkok, Thailand
River prawn topped with a tom yum sauce and crispy fried egg is paired with Le Du's version of Thai dish khao kluk kapi in this restaurant signature.
3. Den, Tokyo, Japan
Den's iconic garden salad, featuring no less than 20 different seasonal vegetables, is bound to bring a grin to anyone's face, mirroring that of the tiny little smiley cut from a slice of carrot.
2. Odette, Singapore
1. The Chairman, Hong Kong, China
The Chairman's steamed fresh flowery crab with aged shaoxing wine, fragrant chicken oil and flat rice noodles is a tried-and-tested classic.