Summer is here! What better way to enjoy the sun by making memories with friends and top shelf cocktails in-hand. Have a go at bartending and your own creations. Top Philippine bars made fun, refreshing and vibrant recipes just for Tatler, check them out here:
Located in Palawan, Tamboks has created the Pineapple Express which will make you feel like you are with the team on a gorgeous beach. Tamboks is a concept co-founded by Generation T honouree and Tatler cover subject Paloma Urquijo Zobel where they take pride in loving local.
50ml Tequila Blanco
100ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
10ml Homemade Turmeric Shrub
5ml Palawan Honey
Ground Black Pepper
Highball glass or goblet
- Start by adding ice to your shaker and we begin to pour your base spirit the tequila blanco which is a perfect blend of Mexican agave and essences.
- To achieve the perfect refreshing taste, it is important that you use freshly pressed pineapple juice which compliments the flavour and character of the tequila blanco.
- Then to add sweetness to the cocktail, Tamboks uses a Palawan local honey, which you can substitute with whatever honey you have on hand.
- To add an added health benefit and kick to the drink, Tamboks uses their homemade Turmeric Shrub. As a substitute you can add a mixture of lemon or lime juice and turmeric.
- Lastly do not forget to add a touch of ground black pepper.
- After pouring all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker, shake the drink and pour the mixture into a tall glass. Garnish it with dehydrated pineapple slices then sprinkle the top with ground black pepper. Finally, take a sip and enjoy the Pineapple Express under the sun!
Read more: Try 35cl Cocktail Kits