The fifth of May is upon us once again. Cinco de Mayo, originally celebrated as a day of victory for the Mexicans, has evolved into an overarching celebration of their culture and heritage. This year, the fiesta continues even while in quarantine. At home, we’re mixing up some delicious cocktails that are perfect to celebrate with! So come on, bring out your tequila bottles and Mexican beer cans, and let’s get mixing.
What's Cinco de Mayo without tequila? Try this Patrón Perfectionist winning recipe at home!
- 1.5 oz of Patrón Silver
- 0.5 oz of dry vermouth
- 0.5 oz of sampaguita cordial
- 0.3 oz of lychee juice
- 3 dashes of grapefruit bitters
- Tonic water
- Combine all liquids into a mixing glass and stir.
- Pour into a highball glass and top off with tonic water.
- Add grapefruit bitters as garnish.