4 Essential Cocktail Recipes To Last The Summer
Minus the occasional rain showers, Hong Kong's weather is hot and humid all throughout the summer. When the heat becomes unbearable, one of the best ways we can cool ourselves is with a cold and refreshing cocktail. While you can order drinks from your favourite bars, you can also get creative by mixing your own concoctions. Here are four recipes crafted by Jon Jon Bauyon of Singapore's The Tatler Bar to try at home.
- 1oz vodka
- 1oz Blue Curacao
- Lemonade (can be replaced with Sprite or 7-Up for a sweeter flavour)
- Slice of lemon and maraschino cherry
- Pour the vodka and Blue Curacao into a hurricane or highball glass.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Top it up with lemonade.
- Garnish the drink with a slice of lemon and maraschino cherry and serve.
- 1.5oz white rum
- 4 slices of lime wedge
- Soda water
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 6-8 sprigs of mint
- Lightly muddle the mint, sugar and lime wedges in a tall glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Add white rum and stir.
- Top up the drink with soda water.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
- 1.5oz tequila
- 15ml grenadine syrup
- Orange juice
- Orange slice and maraschino cherry
- Fill ice into a highball or hurricane glass
- Pour the tequila into the glass
- Fill the glass with orange juice, leaving 1/4 of the top
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup over the back of a spoon
- Garnish the drink with an orange slice and maraschino cherry. Serve.
- 1/5oz vodka
- Cranberry juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Lime wedges
- Add ice into a highball glass.
- Pour the vodka into the glass.
- Add the cranberry and grapefruit juice to the mixture.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wedge and serve.