Shake Shack Is Set To Open In Manila
"Mabuhay, Manila! Pack the Jeepney — we're officially headed to the Philippines! We’ll be bringin’ the goods to the Pearl of the Orient in spring 2019. Let the countdown begin!" Shake Shack announced on social media early this Wednesday morning.
"Manila is an incredible city; its heart beats with a distinct warmth and hospitality,” said Michael Kark, Vice President of Global Licensing at Shake Shack. “We are excited to begin the search for our first site in Metro Manila and look forward to becoming part of this community.”
Those beloved juicy burgers, shroom stacks, hot dogs, crinkle-cut fries, concretes and frozen custards will be within arm’s reach, in no time! Shake Shack proudly selected the SSI Group, known for its retail expertise and culture of hospitality, as its partner in the Philippines. This launch will mark Shake Shack’s first entry into Southeast Asia.
Stores Specialists Inc. (celebrating it’s 30th anniversary this year) branched out to the F&B industry with TWG, Salad Stop, and now is making waves with Shake Shack! We cannot wait to see what else they have up their sleeves in the future.
"Given the success of Salad Stop in the Philippines and the availability of many interesting restaurant brands that have yet to open in the country, The Group is planning to selectively expand its food business through 2018 and 2019. This will allow the Group to leverage on the experience we have acquired in operating TWG, Salad Stop, Good Eats and our central kitchen. The Group’s food business will be targeted at the same market as that of our specialty store business, allowing us to utilize our expertise in identifying concepts that resonate with this market. We will also be using our ability to secure prime retail spaces in order to secure appropriate locations that are accessible to SSI’s core market" shares Anton Huang, President of Stores Specialists Inc.
Those who have tried these talked about menu items are ecstatic that we can all now enjoy our favourite items on the regular. Others who have only heard of the Shake Shack buzz are now eager to take their first bite!
"We're Shackin Up in Manila! Get ready to taste the goods as the SSI Group brings the Shake Shack to the Philippines!" Huang shares on Instagram.
"The SSI Group’s mission has been to bring the best of the world to the Filipino consumer. This is what we’ve we’ve done over the past 30 years and this continues to be a primary driver of our business today. With the success of Shake Shack in the United States, its recent success in Asian markets, and its world wide cult following, a partnership with Shake Shack was definitely down our alley. The partnership between the SSI Group and Shake Shack is a testament of our company’s vision of enhancing lives and providing only the best for the eclectic taste of the evolving Filipino consumer. Celebrating our 30th anniversary this year makes the partnership with this well-loved global brand even more meaningful to us. Staying true to Shake Shack’s mission to Stand For Something Good, we, at the SSI Group, are committed to continuously enrich the lives of our customers by offering the most rewarding curated lifestyle experiences. With the arrival of Shake Shack in the Philippines, we are excited to be amongst the first in Asia that will be home to the renowned American casual restaurant chain." - Anton Huang
Here are some facts that you may not have known about Danny Meyer’s ‘fine casual’ superstar:
1) Shake Shack started as a hot dog stand to fundraise for the Madison Square Park Conservancy’s art installation.
2) Shake Shack was born in New York City in 2004, at Madison Square Park. Back then, it was just a kiosk.
3) Did you know that there is a Shack Shack cam to show you how long the line is at the Madison Square Park branch?
4) There are secret menu items with a burger that has peanut butter, yes, peanut butter
5) Many locations have localised menus with unique items, for example within the U.S, the Shake Shack in JFK and Madison Square Park, amongst some others, offer a breakfast burger or a Shack Apple Turnover? For us here in the Philippines, Huang shares that "Shake Shack intends to work with local purveyors and producers to create a one-of-a-kind Shake Shack for the Manila community, in keeping with its mission to Stand for Something Good®. The Manila menu will feature Shake Shack’s signature items including the ShackBurger®, Shack-cago Dog®, classic crinkle cut fries, wine and frozen custard ice cream."
6) Shake Shack is all about using humanely sourced, sustainable, all natural ingredients that are hormone and antibiotic free. Produce is sourced from artisanal producers!
7) Did you know that you can find the nutritional info of all Shack Shack menu items on their website?
8) Shake Shack has a special place in their hearts for our furry four-legged friends. So much so that in their U.S branches, there is a menu just for dogs! Order up a Pooch-ini or a Bag O’ Bones.