Located in the middle of the Central business district, Morty’s Delicatessen has recently opened its doors at Jardine House, aiming to offer a taste of New York Deli offerings including house-smoked meats, featured in a wide range of sandwiches as well as such as poutine, salads, and various cocktails.
The new American restaurant centres on the theme of house-smoked meats, following a tested recipe involving an in-house aging and curing process, as well as smoking with American hickory and cherry wood for a sweet, smoky finish.
Notable signatures of Morty’s include:
- The Reuben (slow-smoked pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and rye bread)
- Classic pastrami (hand-cut beef brisket, yellow mustard on house rye bread)
- Smoked truffle chicken (with grilled shiitake mushrooms, tomatoes, arugula and truffle mayonnaise)
- Morty’s poutine (fries with cheddar cheese curds, gravy and chopped pastrami)
- Morty’s menu offerings cover from breakfast to dinner, as well as a special happy-hour promotion from 3pm to 7pm showcasing house versions of cocktails such as Bloody Morty’s, Caesar Eh, Old Fashion and more. The 45-seater also offers neighborhood delivery and junk caterings, as well as online orders over HK$1,000.
- Morty’s Delicatessen, Shop 12-14 Lower Ground Floor, Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place, Central; +852 3665 0900