(Updated February 22, 2016)
Black Sheep Restaurants is celebrating 2016 with new a new concept. Belon, a new Parisian bistro tentatively opening in March this year, is bringing acclaimed chef James Henry to join the local restaurant group.
Famous for his Paris restaurant Bones, chef Henry is best known for his nose-to-tail butchery as well as solid foundation in French cooking and well-executed basics. The new French restaurant space features simplistic interior design through extensive use of terrazzo, onyx, and aluminum.
The restaurant’s menu is divided into hors d’oeuvres, entrees, mains, and desserts, with chef Henry bringing fresh seafood and vegetables to the table. Dishes we can't wait to try are:
- Radishes with sweet potato leaf and oyster butter (HK$118)
- Celery and lettuce remoulade with spanner crab and roasted chicken skin (HK$128)
- Mussels on potato waffle with smoked bacon cream (HK$158)
- Lobster tartare with cucumber and bottarga (HK$248)
- Tomato and squid salad with Chinese celery and aigre-doux vinaigrette (HK$218)
- Whole flounder with bagna cauda and herb salad (HK$298)
- Steamed soy milk custard with sugar snap peas and Tete de Moine cheese (HK$178)
Belon tentatively opens in March 2016. In the meantime, whet your appetite with our exclusive video with chef Henry right here.
Belon, 41 Elgin Street, Central; +852 2152 2872