Ang Lee Awarded France's Legion of Honour
- The Wedding Banquet (1993)The Wedding Banquet (1993)
- Eat Drink Man Woman (1994)Eat Drink Man Woman (1994)
- Sense and Sensibility (1995)Sense and Sensibility (1995)
- The Ice Storm (1997)The Ice Storm (1997)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- Hulk (2003)Hulk (2003)
- Brokeback Mountain (2005)Brokeback Mountain (2005)
- Lust, Caution (2007)Lust, Caution (2007)
- Life of Pi (2012)Life of Pi (2012)
- Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016)Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk (2016)
Celebrated Taiwanese-American film director Ang Lee was awarded the Legion of Honour, France's highest order of merit. Here are ten Ang Lee films you need to see
Director Ang Lee was awarded the Legion of Honour, France's highest order of merit, in a private ceremony in Taiwan this week, according to a Deadline report. The acclaimed filmmaker, whose career spans more than four decades, has previously been recognised by France, which ordained him as a Knight of Arts and Letters in 2012.
“This order is the highest civil and military order of the French republic and is awarded not only for artists but for people who have made significant achievements in many different fields," said Head of Cultural Affairs at the French Office in Taipei David Kibler.
"In the case of Mr Ang Lee we are talking about his global contribution to the world of culture. The decoration has been awarded by our former President along with the diploma that comes with it."
Lee's work spans decades and covers a broad range of film genres—from action heroes to British period dramas. Here's a brief introduction to ten of Ang Lee's most iconic and important movies—every single one of these films is well worth your watchlist.